Top 5: Vijay Delivers The Much Needed Blockbuster
1) Geetha Govindam: Tollywood trade has been waiting for a perfect blockbuster from a long time. None of the notable films apart from a couple of small films were able to be successful post Mahanati.
With Srinivasa Kalyanam ending up as a disaster, onus was on Vijay Deverakonda to deliver the goods. And the young superstar has proved his worth again with Geetha Govindam that went to be a runaway blockbuster.
The film has made almost double its investment in its first weekend itself. It is still running to packed houses all over and is all set to become one of the biggest blockbusters of the year.
2) Srinivasa Kalyanam: Dil Raju hoped of cashing in on the Independence Day holiday and the second weekend, but all of them went down the drain with Srinivasa Kalyanam failing miserably.
It is the third flop in a row for Nithin and a consecutive disaster for Dil Raju. The ace producer tried every trick in the book to make it click, but Srinivasa Kalyanam’s bland script and poor filmmaking resulted in a massive disaster.
3) Goodachari: Goodachari is a super hit at the box office. It did well in its third weekend considering its budget.
It is one of the big hits of the year at US box office and is a profitable venture for all the buyers across Telugu states.
4) Vishwaroopam 2: Kamal’s Viswaroopam is a huge failure in spite of low costs. It couldn’t recover the Rs. 5 crore investment of the Telugu distributor. It is a big flop in Tamilnadu too.
5) Gold: Akshay’s sports drama Gold has had a fairly decent weekend across Hyderabad multiplexes.