YSRCP Manifesto – Focuses More on ‘Navarathnalu’
There is just a week for Assembly and general elections in Andhra Pradesh. Now, YSRCP head Jagan Mohan Reddy has released the party’s manifesto on the occasion of Ugadi. Though the complete manifesto hasn’t been released, the main points are covered here.
Focusing on the "Navaratnalu," the YSRCP manifesto is giving more importance to the poor. Jagan revealed that the manifesto was made after seeing the problems of people while doing his padayatra.
YSRCP manifesto & Schemes:
- Navaratnalu - Support to women from SC, ST, BC and minority communities over 45 years of age.
- YSR Asara - All loans pertaining to women's co-operative societies would be waived.
- YSR Rythu Bharosa - Financial assistance of Rs.12,500 per year to farmers
- The pension age will be brought down from 65 to 60 and a pension of Rs. 2000 for elders and for the disabled will be increased to Rs 3000.
- Pedhalandariki Illu - 20 lakh houses for the poor in the next 5 years. The houses will be registered in the name of a woman. An additional loan on the house at 25 paise interest from banks will be given to beneficiaries.
- Arogyasri – Free medical treatment if the cost of the treatment is above Rs 1000. Insurance of Rs. 1 lakh will be provided even in the case of natural death. If a member of the Muslim community dies, the party will provide the family financial assistance of Rs. 5 lakh. The Arogyasri healthcare scheme includes all families with income below Rs. 5 lakh rupees.
- Alcohol ban in AP in three phases and limit its availability only to star hotels.
- Jalayagnam - Irrigation projects will be completed. Polavaram projects will be given priority.