Federal front & Modi: KCR on Parallel Tracks!
Telangana CM KCR today met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and submitted a 16-point letter. The following points were discussed in the letter:
1. Transfer of Bison/Polo ground lands for construction of secretariat and Road widening.
2. Establishment of Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in Karimnagar.
3. Establishment of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at Hyderabad.
4. Establishment of 21 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) in new districts.
5. Sanction of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) in Hyderabad.
6. Revival of Cement Corporation of India (CCI) in Adilabad in joint collaboration with NHAI as proposed by the Ministry of Surface Transport.
7. National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) in Zaheerabad with a request for release of funds.
8. Development of Kakatiya Mega Textile Park at Warangal. Sanction of Rs 1,000 Crores by the Government of India.
9. Request to refer petitions of Telangana to Krishna River Water Disputes Resolution Tribunal.
10. Conferring of National Project to Kaleshwaram status and sanction of special grant to this major irrigation project.
11. Resolution of bifurcation of Schedule IX and X Institutions under AP State Reorganization Act.
12. Expeditious completion of Railways Projects.
13. Scheduled Caste sub-categorization.
14. Setting up of Tribal University in Warangal District.
15. Release of Rs.450 crores under Backward Areas Grant Fund as per State Reorganization Act.
16. Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana proposal.
KCR also discussed about National Politics with PM Modi to know they would contest as allies for Lok Sabha elections in 2019.