Bobby Deol on Turning 50: I Feel I am 5 Years Old
Bobby Deol who turns 50 on Sunday, January 27, is in a happy frame of mind since he believes he’s the youngest of the Deol brood. “I feel I’m five, who says I will soon be 50? Mentally, I am still a child and I don’t want to change that,” he laughs, asserting that there is more fire in him today than there was a decade ago. “I have the energy to go on for many more years and keep getting better at work,” promises the actor who returned to the mainstream after a five-year hibernation with Race 3 last year.
In a new interview, the actor spoke about what his plans for the big day (January 27) are. “My mother will organize a haven, that’s customary on all our birthdays,” the actor told Mumbai Mirror.
Bobby Deol also added that he wants to be like his father Dharmendra, who still works at the age of 84. He told Mumbai Mirror, "I want to do everything that I can for my family and since I have just started my career again, I want to sign some good films. I want to be like my father who is working in films event at the age of 84."
Speaking about whether his Race 3 co-star, Salman Khan, has been invited to the party, Bobby said, “Salman is like an older brother, the most amazing human I have met in the industry who cares for everyone around him. He doesn’t need to do anything for anyone but still goes out of his way to help others, just like my brother (Sunny Deol) and father (Dharmendra).”
” Will Salman be a part of his birthday bash?", “If he is free, he will definitely drop in,” Bobby nods.
Bobby has just one release planned for 2019, the ensemble comedy, Housefull 4. “It’s a big franchise and people are expecting a lot from it. Akshay has always chosen the right subjects and Sajid Nadiadwala backs the right product so I hope everything falls in place. This is my only release this year, so it’s an important film for me. I want all my films to be blockbusters, but their fate depends on the audiences,” he said.
Housefull 4 has been at the centre of controversy, after its director, Sajid Khan, was removed from the film after multiple accusations of sexual harassment were made against him, during the #MeToo movement in India. He has been replaced by Farhad Samji.