Birthday Special: 10 Lesser Known Facts about Superstar Krishna
Today, superstar Krishna is celebrating his 75th birthday. On this occasion, Mahesh Babu’s 26th film has launched and confirmed the title as ‘Sari Leru Neekevvaru’. Superstar Krishna is amazing for many things. Let’s see a few of them now!
- Superstar Krishna’s ‘Simhaasanam’ is the first movie ever to run for 100 days in five 70mm theaters in Andhra Pradesh.
- Alluri Seetharama Raju is the first movie on a title role to run for 100 days in 5 centers in Nizam area in its first release.
- Krishna’s ‘Mukyamanthri’, a remake of Amithab Bachchan's super hit film Inquilaab, has created a sensation with new opening week record by collecting a gross of Rs 52, 13,169.
- He is the only hero in India to produce more than 50 films in different languages.
- Superstar Krishna’s agrarian backdrop film Bangaaru Bhoomi (14-1-1982) has entered the record books as the highest running film (112-day run) for the year 1982 in Kakinada.
- The first Cinemascope film, the first ever 70mm and the first DTS film in Telugu Cinema is Krishna’s Alluri Sitarama Raju. It was released in 1974.
- Krishna is the one who did cowboy and Jamesbond films in Telugu first.
- Krishna acted as a junior artist in films before debuting as a hero.
- Krishna’s first film as a hero is Thene Manasulu which became a super hit at that time.
- Krishna has been honored by the Australian postal department. They have issued a special stamp dedicated to Krishna.