List of World's Most Powerful Passports 2019: Japan tops Again!
It is Japan that has world’s most powerful passport in 2019, according to Henley Passport Index, which periodically measures the access of each country's travel document affords.
It's the second time in a row that Japan is on top of the list. All the top countries from the list are from Asia as Asian countries are sustaining a high comfort level with mutually beneficial economic migration.
South Korea edged up the ranking from October's index to join Singapore, offering access to 189 jurisdictions.
China jumped almost 20 places in just two years, from 85th in 2017 to 69th this year. European Union member states (along with Norway and the US) stood in top 3 nations whereas UK and the US drop down the rankings.
The best passports to hold at the beginning of 2019 are:
1. Japan (190 countries)
2. Singapore, South Korea (189 countries)
3. France, Germany (188 countries)
4. Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden (187 countries)
5. Luxembourg, Spain (186 countries)
6. Austria, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States (185 countries)
7. Belgium, Canada, Greece, Ireland (184 countries)
8. Czech Republic (183 countries)
9. Malta (182 countries)
10. Australia, Iceland, New Zealand (181 countries)