Inside Isha Ambani’s wedding: Mukesh Ambani gets emotional,
Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani's daughter Isha Ambani tied the knot with childhood friend Anand Piramal at a ceremony in Antilia on Wednesday. The 27-floor Ambani residence 'Antilia' was all decked up to host over 600 high-profile guests. The wedding was one of India's most lavish weddings.
The wedding was a star-studded affair with high-profile guests from political, entertainment, sports, music and fashion world. Here are 5 highlights from the wedding.
1. Ahead of the wedding on December 12, Ambanis organised week-long pre-wedding celebration function in Udaipur. Many top politicians, industrialists, sports and Bollywood actors attended the pre-wedding bash in Udaipur.
2. The Ambanis organised 'Anna Seva' and fed over 5,100 people, a majority of them with special abilities for three days in Udaipur.
3. Apart from all the Bollywood stars, the Ambanis managed to rope in American pop superstar Beyonce Knowles. Multiple reports state that Beyonce charges $3 million to $4 million (About Rs 21-28 crore) for private appearances. One can only guess how much Ambani paid to hire Beyonce for a private concert in Udaipur.
4. Multiple media reports have estimated the cost of the week-long extravaganza at around $100 million (around Rs 710 crore). However, a Bloomberg report citing people familiar with the planning saying that the cost of the marriage is not more than $15 million (nearly Rs 110 crore).
5. The Ambanis will host a reception for the newlywed couple at Jio Garden, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai on December 14. Not just a reception, the Ambanis will also be hosting a musical concert for their guests.